Monday, November 10, 2008

Jaipur Washing Machines Dryers and Ironers

Not many people like ironing – my wife hates it, and it’s a big source of friction between us because I’d happily go out in an un-ironed shirt, but she can’t stand to see me looking scruffy, so she irons a shirt for me every morning and complains about it over breakfast.

This all in one machine is a great idea that combines two of my favourite themes in gadgets convergence, and marital harmony. It’s a Laundromat that washes your clothes, dries them leaving them crease-free and ready to wear.

The all in one washing machine was conceived by a recently-graduated design student, Oliver Blackwell, who claims that the device will save 10 days a year ironing time. I’m a touch sceptical about that, but I’m sure it could save my marriage!

Unlike conventional washing machines, this one doesn’t have a drum; avoiding creasing, and the hot air dryer means that your clothes shouldn’t need ironing after cleaning. It looks a bit large though, and I’m wondering how much water and electricity it used to wash and rinse that t-shirt.